Dunbar & Boardman first opened our Irish chapter in the 1990s. Our first project was to advise on the BUPA Hospital that became Blackrock Clinic. This resulted in a longstanding relationship over 20 years during which we replaced lift installations throughout and completed extensive renovation and extension works. We also carried out an escalator replacement at St. Stephens Green shopping centre during the 1990s. Initially we were based in small offices in Dublin but we are now well established at the Capel Building after moving there in 2001 We are proud of the working relationships we have established with Primark/Pennys, Dundrum Shopping Centre, the Health and Safety Authority, Dublin City Council, Irish Rail, St James Hospital, Jones Lang LaSalle, Cadbury and the DAA to name but a few.
Listed below are a few of the projects that we have completed in Ireland:
* Chartered Land - Preparation of tender & specification including site management for installation of a new passenger lift in one of the units in Dundrum Town Centre. Tendering of the vertical transportation maintenance contract for the complete Dundrum TC complex & ongoing technical support.
· * Douglas Newman Good Commercial - Tendering & site management for modernisation of two passenger lifts in the City Square SC, Waterford.
* University of Ulster – preparation of maintenance tender & specification including participation in evaluation process.
* Belfast City Council - Tender & site management for complete replacement of passenger lift in City Hall, Belfast
· * Dublin Airport Authority – Lift Traction System Re-Engineering of two lifts in T2 car-park & technical specification to install two additional passenger lifts.
* Brown Thomas group - Preparation of tender & specification with site management for complete replacement of staff passenger lift & modernisation of the goods/passenger lift in their Grafton Street store.
* St James Hospital, Dublin 8 - Tender & site management for complete replacement of eight bed/passenger lifts as part of a capital expenditure programme over a number of years.
Do you have a current or planned project in Ireland? We would be happy to discuss any such requirements and how we may be able to assist. Our local team comprises of Dave Neil, Simon Lancaster and Ruth Kyne. Please contact us via Vance Cunningham to start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.